Long car rides don’t need to feel any longer than necessary! Check out these family-friendly, entertaining and kid-approved podcasts to keep you movin right along!
- Storynory – Stories for Kids – “Storynory brings you an audio story every week. Each one is beautifully read by Natasha and friends. Let Natasha’s voice beguile you with classic fairy tales, new children’s stories, poems, myths, adventures and romance.”
- Take a dip into some forgotten episodes of world history with Stuff You Missed in History Class. From the Salem witch trials and Chinese foot-binding to Laura Ingalls Wilder and the New England vampire panic, they make history fun and entertaining … ya know, the way it should be.
- Ear Snacks is a “A radical new podcast … for kids, featuring kids.” Each 20-minute episode covers a particular subject that might be of interest to your curious critter. Things like “Hats,” “Fruit,” “Balls,” and … “Critters.” Parents and kids talk about the titular subjects to predictably adorable effect, and episodes often feature discussions with experts including marine biologists, composers, scientists, and children’s book authors and illustrators.
- Five Minutes With Dad stars toddlers Pavlos and Angela Pavlidis, and their dad, Nick Pavlidis. This is the podcast where you get to listen in on a little father-son and daddy-daughter time and learn about great resources to connect with your kids. Listen as Nick shares fun and real-world parenting experiences with the two cutest kids in the world!
- Wow in the World is a podcast and a new way for families to connect, look up and discover the wonders in the world around them. Every episode, hosts Mindy and Guy guide curious kids and their grown-ups away from their screens and on a journey. Through a combination of careful scientific research and fun, we’ll go inside our brains, out into space, and deep into the coolest new stories in science and technology.